This method of printing uses pressure and heat to transfer dye to fabric and other absorbent surfaces. The first step applies special ink (holding the dye in suspension) onto non-absorbent transfer paper. Then, once the ink has dried, a heated press transfers the design to absorbent items of various shapes and sizes. For instance, T-shirts can adopt a design that is permanently dyed into the fabric using this method, so it is a popular technique as the item requires less by way of special after-care compared to fabric screen-printing.
Regular glazed ceramics and other non-absorbent surfaces can’t normally be dyed using this method, so special items with a polymer coating are used instead. They are also pressed and heated to fix the dye.
This method of transferring designs to special items like mugs and T-shirts achieves modern inkjet-quality printed results at full color, so is great for your family photos or special event mementos!
PLEASE CALL TO PLACE ORDER
Transjet II is a great transfer paper that works well with ALL inkjet printers and offers a Transjet II will work with a hand iron however, to obtain better results you must use a Heat press. Transjet II is a quality transfer paper for light fabrics. We recommendsTransjet II inkjet opaque to transfer to dark fabric.
8 1/2" X 11 FOR LIGHT FABRIC
1 - 24 SHEETS $1.10 ea, 25 - 49 $.95 ea,
50 - 75 - $.90 ea, 100 $.80
8 1/2" X 11 FOR DARK FABRIC
1 - 24 SHEETS $2.25 ea, 25 - 49 $2.00 ea,
50 - 75 - $1.90 ea, 100 $1.85 ea
11"X 17" FOR LIGHT FABRIC
1 - 24 SHEETS $2.00 ea, 25 - 49 $1.85 ea,
50 - 75 - $1.75 ea, 100 $1.65 ea
11"X17" FOR DARK FABRIC
1 - 24 SHEETS $4.25 ea, 25 - 49 $3.75 ea,
50 - 75 - $.3.50 ea, 100 $3.25 ea
CALL FOR QUANITY
Tips for Best Results For Light Fabrics
(DO NOT REVERSE IMAGE IF USING DARK OPAQUE PAPER FOR DARK FABRICS, PEEL OF BACKING PRESS IMAGE SIDE UP)
1. Use 100% COTTON or POLY/COTTON fabrics.
2. Do not apply to dark colored fabrics.
3. Do not image this paper in any laser printers or Color Laser Copiers (For use in InkJet ONLY)
DO NOT USE A HP DESKJET 1200C OR 1600C PRINTER
4. Set Printer to: A) T-Shirt transfer reverse image. B) Normal image quality. DO NOT oversaturate with ink.
5. Allow the image to dry for approximately 15 minutes before transferring.
6. Trim close to the image.
If Using a Commercial Heat Press
1. Set the heat press to 350-375 degress F.
2. Use medium to heavy pressure.
3. Press for 10-15 seconds only.
4. Peel paper while still hot.
If Using a Home Iron
1. It is best to do the ironing on a smooth, hard, non-porous surface. Fold a pillowcase in half and place it on top of the ironing surace. Make sure the ironing area is smooth and free from wrinkles.
2. Set the iron to the hottest setting (cotten or linen).
3. DO NOT ADD WATER TO THE IRON and make sure the steam setting is turned off.
4. Allow the iron to preheat for 5 minutes.
5. Iron the entire paper for 10 seconds to tack your image down.
6. Then place the iron in one corner, Press down firmly while slightly moving the iron back and forth along the edge of the paper for at least 30 seconds.
1. Wash in cold water with mild detergent and no bleach.
2. Turn the shirt inside out before washing.
3. Remove the washed garment immediately from the spin cycle of the washer. DO NOT LEAVE in washer for any extended period of time.
4. Tumble dry the garment using low heat.